Thursday 18 December 2008

Christmas Cookies

My love for baking has only been exacerbated by the holiday season - I've been going crazy in the kitchen! On Tuesday I made several dozen Christmas sugar cookies and brought them to my work for the carol evening. I thought they turned out quite well : ) It's worth mentioning that I bought these cookie cutters in New Hope, PA when I was home visiting the first week in September. And I made Sharon make Christmas cookies with me back then so that I could just use the cookie cutters, haha. So obviously - I was excited about making these cookies. I would have made them earlier, but making and decorating 4 dozen cookies is a time commitment!

I thought the snowman and the Christmas Tree were worth a close-up. Please note the yellow carrot nose(!) I used a toothpick to decorate him! Although those voluptuous red lips would suggest it was a her, haha.In the UK - sprinkles like these are called "Hundreds and Thousands" - I think that's an awfully long name for something so tiny as sprinkles!
Andy will probably kill me - but I thought this was so cute. He's been really ill and had a couple days off work earlier this week. This is pretty much how he spent the two days - all snugged up on the couch under the duvet. Couldn't resist taking a picture.

5 comments:

Lynn Falk said...

You put my Sugar cookies to shame! They look, yummy.

Rachel said...

I wanna make cookies!We should bake something when you're home!

Melissa E. said...

I have some sugar cookie photos to post too! Yours are more decorative but mine are more decorated!! The kids did them, Haha! That means tons of frosting and three kinds of sprinkles on every cookie! Mmmm, they were delicious!

A very adorable snowman indeed. Too bad Andy has been sick. I hope he can still stomach the cookies!

Anonymous said...

BTW, I am jealous of that white couch! I don't dare own any white furniture...yet. ;-)

Beth Laurie said...

I agree, that name is way too long! I like "sprinkles" myself:)