Sunday 25 January 2009

"7 Minute Frosting"

This frosting his revolutionized my baking life! I know most everyone loves butter cream frosting, but I don't. I don't like the way it tastes and I find it really hard to work with - first it's too soft, then you put it in the fridge and it's too hard. I know it's a well known thing, but I found a recipe for "7 Minute Frosting" in a book called, "Hello, Cupcake" - and I've never looked back. It looks so pretty & shiny : ) And it tastes like marshmallow fluff! I made these cupcakes for a birthday dinner I had for my friend, Emily. She loved it too :) So if you haven't tried it yet - next time you make cupcakes...or a cake....make this frosting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggy -- your cupcakes are beautiful! Every year for our birthdays Grandma Anderson used to make a two layered cake on a pretty cake plate and frost it beautiful with 7 Minute Frosting! You'll have to ask your dad about his birthday cakes! xoxo Aunt Susan

Melissa E. said...

Loved the new posts! I know we're all on facebook but it is still somehow more fun and personal feeling to visit you on your blog!

Amber said...

They are the pretty!!

Beth Laurie said...

Well, I have to admit that I am a huge buttercream fan, but those look pretty good too:)