Monday 2 March 2009

Update

I haven't posted in nearly a month. Things have been really busy here - and when I'm not running around like a headless chicken, there's nothing newsworthy to write about! My life has become pretty small these days - between my home, university and work at the pub. Although my course is going very well - I can't believe the things I'm learning. Right now I'm working on an essay about urbanization and slums in developing countries (very current, has anyone seen Slumdog Millionaire? So cute!) And so far, my grades have been really good.
The student pile is growing and now migrating to other areas of the living room! This was for the last essay I handed in on Labour Market Models (yuck! by far the most boring essay I've written). I did clean up after it, but now I'm in the throws of another essay so it's growing again. I wonder what the house will look like when I'm writing my dissertation?!

We did quite a bit of work in the garden yesterday. It's getting warmer out so I thought we had better prep the greenhouse. We moved the table outside and that has freed up so much extra space. I can't wait to put the plants in the ground, but I think I'll have to wait a few more weeks. Because even though it's getting more Spring-like, we did have frost this morning.

This year we're planning on doing: cherry tomatoes, yellow tomatoes, runner beans, courgettes (aka zuchinnis), cucumbers, red/green peppers and a good variety of herbs. I might see about a few other things too when we're at the garden centre. It sort of depends on space.

Valentines Day also happened. I made Andy heart-shaped pancakes and a strawberry smoothie. He loved it. He got me a rose and a card. Inside the card there were details for a day out in Windsor, redeemable at any time. Including a trip to the Windsor Farm Shop, my favourite!

And just because....

We had some friends over for a pizza/movie night last Monday. They had a baby beginning of January, a little boy called Callum. I LOVE clothes with little feet on them! I've decided that when we have a baby it will be dressed only in clothes with feet and probably things like ears and tails, haha. So cute!

1 comment:

Grandma Falk said...

I was so surprised to see your greenhouse, Maggy! Did you know that we (my brothers and sisters and I) gave Grandpa a greenhouse for his birthday? We wish you were here to give us some tips on how to get the best use out of it. Did you build it yourself?

Can't wait to see pictures of your garden. We're getting the itch, too, to get things planted.

What a cute baby! Love the outfit.