Sunday 7 September 2008

Fantastic News!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been home since Monday sorting my visa out. And the good news is - it's done! I got it : ) I couldn't be more relieved. When the courier handed me back my documents WITH my visa in my passport, I was so overwhelmed with joy that I welled up with tears - he asked me if I needed a hug, haha. I had explained to him what I had been through and he knew what this meant to me. That was Wednesday, and since then I have been having a great time with Sharon. She took a couple days off work and we went to mom & dad's house in PA where we took walks, baked, read, watched films, drank bottomless cups of coffee, talked for hours, etc. It was a great girly get-away. And then tonight mom & dad got back from California so we picked them up from the airport (thank God they weren't caught up in the remnants of the hurricane, they just missed it!) We had a big celebration tonight, for dad's belated birthday - but also for the joy of being together. Sharon and I cooked up quite a feast. Good times. I fly home Monday and leave for Malawi on Tuesday. I feel so relieved that things finally worked out - thank you all for your care and concern over the last 3 weeks. xoxo

4 comments:

Amber said...

Not even a mention of our fantastic dinner and peach crumble? I'm hurt *cry* ;)

Anonymous said...

phew!! What a relief! And what a good time!

Anonymous said...

Your unexpected trip home sounded like the best girlie whirlwind weekend! I could just picture you welling up when you were finally handed your passport. I love your passion, Maggy -- what love you have for the Malawi people. Praying for you as you travel.

Love you --

Susan

The Sponsors said...

The b'day meal Maggy and Sharon prepared for David was extraordinary. First they met us at the airport with thermoses of hot tea and homemade pumpkin bread and chocolate chip cookies.
We arrived home to a beautifully decorated table, complete with balloons and b'day poster.
We started the feast with a Parmesan-crusted hot spinach dip. I don't want to know how many servings the recipe made because we nearly devoured it all.
Our first course was a lovely summer salad--mixed baby greens, cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion--tossed with Maggy's famous homemade ranch dressing.
Next we enjoyed Spaghetti Bolognese--a family favorite. But dessert was spectacular--one of David's favorites--carrot cake with the b'day message spelled out with raisins. Cute, eh?
Anyway, it was a very special night--one that would have never happened if Maggy hadn't had all of that trouble with her Visa.