Sunday 5 October 2008

SOAS (and quiche)

While I was University on Friday, I took a few pictures of the main square. SOAS (The School of Oriental and African Studies) is part of the University of London which is made up of about 15 different Universities. SOAS is in Central London, but I guess - looking at a Tube map it's North East. So three times a week I take the train to Waterloo Station, which is about 30 minutes on the train from my house) and then walk from Waterloo to SOAS (another 30 minutes). Eventually I'll have to take the tube, but I prefer to walk while the weather is nice. Above is the main building that holds the library as well as many classrooms and lecture theatres.
This is the Brunei Gallery, (which was donated by the Sultan of Brunei) there are classrooms here as well as a main theatre. As you can see, SOAS is a happening place - seems like there's something going on nearly every day. It is one of the most diverse Universities in the world meaning that there are an endless number of clubs and societies from 12 different types of Martial Arts to The Hare Krishna Consciousness Society. And politics are huge at this University, H-U-G-E. Never a dull moment at SOAS.
And then, I'm also posting a picture of the quiche I made last week. I'm just really proud that this was my first attempt and it wasn't a complete failure. That was just bacon, leek, tomato and cheese (a.k.a what I had in the fridge). A few days ago I made broccoli, pancetta, camelized red onion and goat's cheese. Andy LOVED it - so much so he had seconds and thirds!
p.s. I also love my "I love baking" tea towel. A friend from my old job got those for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yum!!