Sunday 19 October 2008

Pumpkins!

It's sad, but true. My husband had never carved a pumpkin in his life, until last night! They have Halloween here in England, but it's a pretty poor effort. There really isn't Trick-or-Treating and they sell pumpkins, but it's not really "the thing" to carve them. Anyway, we had a blast last night. The boys were sceptical at first (Andy's mate Biff was here too - and he had never carved a pumpkin either) but once they got started, they really enjoyed it and got into it! They were so sweet. And I think they did a great job! We put them out back and people walking in the park have been checking them out with interest. Maybe we'll start a trend!
Andy wasn't keen on the Pumpkin Goo!
Silly Boys...Pumpkin-Heads!

Andy's Pumpkin

My Pumpkin - I gave it hair like me!

Today we took Rachel to Stonehenge and then to Windsor - I have been to both places many times, but Windsor couldn't have been more beautiful in the Fall. I love the Long Walk - especially with all the changing leaves. It was beautiful. And then we went for Afternoon Tea at The Crooked Tea House.
Stonehenge


Crazy Rachel!

The Long Walk

The best scones on the planet!

The Crooked Tea House

It's been fun having a break - but Rachel leaves tomorrow morning and it's back to the grind! Reading, reading, reading! At least I have carved pumpkins and a few photos - those will make me smile while I'm hard at work : )

3 comments:

Beth Laurie said...

Love the pumpkins. Good idea with the hair.

Anonymous said...

How fun! We've got to get our pumpkins soon. Seeing Andy and his friend reminded me of the Ryan Adams song, "Halloween Head." Have you heard of him? Andy, for your first pumpkin carving you're a real pro!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Maggy -- I just realized that I sent you an anonomous comment (somehow that's the way I have to do it) and then I forgot to sign my name! You thought you had a blog stalker! It's just me, Aunt Susan!