Friday 28 November 2008

Thanksigiving - English Style!

Isn't this a nifty little contraption? I want one. It's called Hostess - it keeps your dinner warm so you can put thing in the dishes as and when it's finished. No overcooking!

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your family and friends. We had an excellent Thanksgiving (on Wednesday). Andy's grandparents kindly offered to host it at their house (ours is a bit small for 8 around the table!) I made mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, stuffing (the most important part of the meal!) and of course, pumpkin pie...wait maybe that's the most important part of the meal, haha. Anyway, Nanny made the most delicious turkey and because she wasn't sure she'd like mashed potatoes or the sweet potatoes, she made roast potatoes as well. So yes, we had 3 sorts of spuds! Also, most everyone said they wouldn't like pumpkin pie, so Nanny had not one...not two...but THREE extra desserts on hand. Pavlova, profiteroles and banofee pie. And she set the table so beautifully! We all had a lovely evening together. I am thankful for so much this year.

Although the lighting isn't very good- this is the only picture of Andy and me from that evening!

As you can see - everyone liked pumpkin pie much more than they thought they would! I was hoping for more leftovers than that!!! Haha.

Although I really enjoyed Thanksgiving, I'm glad it's over. Why, you ask? Because it means that in just a few weeks...we are going home for Christmas! And it also means we can get our Christmas Tree and put out our decorations, which we're doing on Sunday : ) Hurray!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I am so glad it's over it's not even funny. Next year, it's home, or Vermont. *stomps foot* I wish I'd been at Your thanksgiving.