Sunday 2 November 2008

Wedding Fun!

We just returned from a lovely overnight in Botley. We went to Andy's family friends wedding. Gill and Tom have been friends with Angie and Geoff (Andy's parents) for more than 20 years and Andy and James grew up with Gill's son Tom. Gill is also Andy's Godmother - which I didn't know until last night! Anyway, the wedding was absolutely lovely - we had such a fantastic time. The ceremony was short, but sweet and the food was delicious. Andy had a filet steak and said it was the best he'd had in a long time - he loves steak and eats it whenever he can as I don't cook it. The evening entertainment was fantastic - they had a Tom Jones impersonator - all the way from Vegas! He was hilarious and we danced the night away.
Angie and her boys - awwww....

I loved Gill's dress and the vintage lace...it was beautiful!

The four of us (that thing in my head is called a Fascinator - people in the UK wear these to weddings, well, Fascinators or hats...this I borrowed someone, just for a laugh.)

Andy and me before the ceremony
Also, my dress was £13 (down from £90, gotta love a bargain!)

My honey at our table.

Fireworks!!! It was a pretty incredible display.

This cake was pretty cool - it was already sliced and in boxes ready for you to take away - I had never seen anything like that before!


We had such a great time - it was nice to get away for a short break, but now - it's back to the books. I have an essay due in two weeks time! Eek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like weddings! some people dread them but I think they are such fun! Glad you had a good time.

M said...

You guys are too much fun! You are everywhere. Hope all is going well with you two. We are great. I can't wait for you guys to visit here--I know it will be a few years but we will have you when you come back. I updated my blog and realized I don't have your email address to let you know that I finally did it. Shoot me your email address if you want. Love to you both.