Saturday 19 July 2008

The Family Reunion

We just got back from the annual Anderson Family Reunion in Pigeon Forge, TN. It's amazing that it happens every year seeing as the family keeps growing and growing! We added it up, and if everyone came, there would be 76 people in all! This year was really special for a lot of reasons, but particularly because we welcomed 7 new great-grandchildren (all boys!) into the family. My cousin and her husband adopted three boys from the Ukraine earlier this year so it was our first time meeting them. Every year we have a group baby shower for all the new additions and little Misha, Max and Vitali couldn't have been more excited about all the presents. Those boys were such fun to be around. And of course I always enjoy playing with all the kids and hanging out with my cousins. Also, this year Andy and I brought a little bit of England to the reunion by bringing Earl Grey Tea and some English biscuits (digestives, custard creams, bourbons and some Cadbury's digestives)...everyone really enjoyed it! Next year I think I'd like to do a but more...maybe scones, tea sandwiches and biscuits. Also, for those of you who don't know - every year we take a big family picture and each family (there are 7 siblings) get's a different colour t-shirt. For some reason the David Anderson's can never seem to get their act together and always get last pick - this year we were purple...sweet.










4 comments:

ash said...

the red team is totally winning.

Lynn Falk said...

Maggy, I'm glad you have a blog! I agree, it's a great way to stay connected with family and friends. It was nice seeing you and Andy at the reunion.

Melissa E. said...

Go Red!!!!

Good thing you guys look so good in purple!

I love the crazy picture! Is Luke actually licking Jesse's head?! I hope not, that would be too crazy. It looks like you've been practicing your perfect "Crazy-Face" for just such an occasion. You must be so proud...
:-)

I enjoyed seeing your pictures. I have a few more to post myself but we'll see if I will get around to it. It's always a toss-up!

Amber said...

It looks like sooo much fun! I wish my family had reunions.

I think you should bring home a random selection of crazy flavored crisps next time. Think of how people would react to prawn cocktail crisps!