Thursday 31 July 2008

I'm Thankful for A LOT this week!

It's been a pretty crazy week - sorry for the lack of posts. My mom has been sick and in the hospital, so that's been pretty stressful & consuming. Fortunately, she's on the mend! But she's a pretty strong lady, so I'm not surprised. But she had us worried there for a minute. So that's the greatest thing I have to be thankful for this week - a healthy mom. But I'm also thankful for some other things...

1) I had to have my passport renewed (and name finally changed, two year later!) but I was really cutting it close with the timing as my Visa appointment was supposed to be on the 11th August. But by some miracle, my brand new passport was returned to me today...early! What a pleasant surprise when I came home today.

2) Looks like a member of our church/family friend is going to be giving me a fair few frequent flyer miles towards my flight to Malawi. For that, I am eternally grateful.

3) A wonderful woman from Saint Luke's has just been really amazing this week. She's so excited about the project and has been coming up with all sorts of ideas to raise awareness about the project and maternity issues in Malawi. We've got so far to go - so it's exciting to have people around who are excited about the project and want to help.

4) My wonderful husband has agreed to run the 14-mile race with me on Sunday! I'll have support!

So, it's been a good week - although a long and stressful one. Looking forward to the weekend...but not that 14-mile race : ( I'll report on that Sunday evening. Hope everyone is doing well.

3 comments:

Beth Laurie said...

Wow, 14 miles, I'm tired just thinking about it.

Lynn Falk said...

It was nice to read about the things you are thankful for. Far too often we hear about the difficulties people are facing. It's quite refreshing to hear the positive side!

Good luck with the 14 mile run! Is Andy a runner or just in really good shape? I couldn't even imagine running that far. Three miles is the longest stretch I have ever done!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever run a mile! You have me beat, Lynn!

Good luck on the race to both of you.

I'm glad your mom is doing better. I'll bet you were pretty nervous especially being so far away.

Yes, a lot to be thankful for!