Monday 21 July 2008

Finally!

Tonight we had an amazing dinner - and only because we have a blog now, I decided to take some pictures. We finally had a meal with a lot of the stuff from our garden - I've sort of been saving them up for the past few days as they ripen on my window sill so that we could enjoy them all at once. So I made sautéed courgettes, a delicious salad with our very own green peppers and tomatoes and then I bought an organic chicken and rubbed it with a paste I made with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh sage and thyme (also from our garden!) The potato is just a potato : ) So here it is...I am proud of my babies, even though we ate them!

To anyone considering starting a fruit/vegetable garden - do it! It is so rewarding to eat food that you have grown in your own back yard. And it also makes you think twice about wasting food - because you realize how long it takes for that one tomato to grow...







3 comments:

Amber said...

Where's my plate?

Lynn Falk said...

Your dinner looks delicious!

I just ordered a pizza tonight...

Beth Laurie said...

ah, yes, you're children:)