Saturday 26 July 2008

The Perfect Saturday

I haven't posted in a few days, so I've got to put something up! I really feel the pressure now : )

But today has been a great day...and it's only 5:00! For those of you who live in the UK, you know it's not too often that you get a beautiful day where there's not a single cloud in the sky and it's about 80 degrees plus, so we have thoroughly enjoyed the lovely weather. We woke up early and had breakfast outside. I made two more recipes from The Pioneer Woman website (I'm telling you, ladies! You gotta check it out.) I made egg-in-a-hole for breakfast, with baked beans...Andy also had three sausages, haha. And then I made a blueberry cobbler which we took over to Andy's dad's house later today. After that, we spent the morning in the garden reading, getting some sun and of course looking after the babies in the greenhouse (which, by the way, is doing great! As you can tell by the picture, we got loads today). Andy also did some juggling (with our baby veg!) and Poi.


Later this afternoon we went to Andy's dad's house for a BBQ. He invited us over as his mother, brother and sister-in-law were visiting. We had a great time and Geoff (Andy's dad) does a fantastic BBQ - he never does just hotdogs and hamburgers. We always get kebabs or chicken breasts. Also, FYI - my blueberry cobbler went down a treat. You may think I'm bragging - I'm definitely not. I'm just not a good baker and I'm really trying to improve my skillz...yes with a "z"! Haha. I served it with whipped cream and fresh blueberries.

This is a picture of Andy and his Nanny Keet. If you notice, she's holding a picture of her late husband, Andy's grandfather, who passed away last year. We had a picture of him on the table during lunch, which I thought was kinda nice. There's also a picture of Geoff (Master Griller), their amazing patio furniture (which I covet) and Hildegarde (Geoff's partner) and me.

3 comments:

The Sponsors said...

andy! your hair is so long! ok, gtg watch gladiator on our new PROJECTOR with it's 115 inch screen and sony surround sound :)

Beth Laurie said...

I like the b&w pic of you and Andy.

Melissa E. said...

Looks like you had a great day! I, too, have discovered the pioneer woman's website and love it. Thanks for the reminder to check in again!