Friday 15 August 2008

Family Fun

Andy's brother, James, his girlfriend, Lisa, and her son Daniel came down from Scotland to visit this week. Unfortunately, we've still had to work but we've really enjoyed catching up with them in the evenings. And it's been great having a kid in the house! They're so fun and goofy...case in point!
I never really think about how much Andy and James look alike until I see them side by side. And then I see so many similarities. I think they both look so much like their mother, but then also, they resemble their father is many ways too. Especially James' voice! Here the boys are doing the washing up after the girls cooked dinner...good boys.
Yet another beautiful sunset in our backyard...I always say, I will never tire of the view...
A beautiful picture of James and Lisa.
Football!
Tonight we went to dinner at Nanny and Grandad's house...Nanny did what she calls "Bits and Pieces" - she really makes me laugh. "Bits and pieces" sounds deceptively like you're in for a light meal, when in fact we leave more stuffed than if we'd had a full roast dinner. There's so much food she actually has to set out a second table...and then when we don't finish it she says we haven't eaten enough and now it will "only go to the birds..."

After dinner Andy helped Daniel put together his new "Indiana Jones" legos. Daniel went to Legoland today (a Legos amusement park).
And here was the finished product...
I love this woman!
The family...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mags - I LOVE the pictures! Thank you so much. I must say, Nanny & Granddad look happy too :-)

Just wish I was there too. See you all in October.