Friday 29 August 2008

My Last Day at Woking Borough Council

Walking out the doors of the Benefits Department for the last time
Yesterday was my last day at Woking Borough Council. It was a day of mixed emotions - on the one hand I was happy to be finishing with work(!) and moving onto school, but I was also sad because I have truly come to adore (most of) the people I work with - I've spent nearly everyday with them for the last two years and now I'll only see them when I pass by from time to time.

And it wasn't just my Leaving Do - we were also celebrating the fact that our colleague, Sue, is getting married next week. We did what all English people do when they want to celebrate - we went for a meal and to the pub! We had dinner at this place called Nando's, their speciality is peri-peri chicken.

I'm glad at least 3 people are looking at the camera - not a good group shot!

Sue and Me

The girls (Karen, Jenny, Nicky, Me, Jan and Lorraine)

All in all, a great night out. Thus ends another chapter in my life. Now I've just got a couple days to get myself ready to come to the States! Deary me...my life does move at quite a pace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maggy, you look so cute in these pics! I can only imagine how sad your coworkers are to see you leave -- you're a bright spot wherever you are!

Love --

Susan