Wednesday 13 August 2008

Good News!

I applied for a part time job at a care home up the street from where we live. I handed in my application about 10 days ago, then they called me last Friday to ask me to come in for an interview on Tuesday evening. I went for the interview last night, which was pretty hard. They asked a lot of tough questions, which I thought I answered pretty well. But we all really got on well, had a good laugh (two people interviewed me, as well as one of the residents). I knew they liked me personally, but I wasn't sure if maybe there'd be someone more qualified...anyway, I found out this evening that I got the job! So I now have a fantastic part time job while I do my Master's Degree next year.

This small residential care home is for six mentally/physically handicapped young adults (all women) who need assistance living independently. We're just on call there to help them really...and from the sound of it, it's a lot of fun! So, I'm really pleased that I have a job to come back to when I get back to Malawi. I start September 30th (the week after my Uni course starts). Perfect.

4 comments:

Lynn Falk said...

Congratulations! They chose wisely, you are such a sweet, caring person! You'll be perfect for that job.

Melissa E. said...

Ahem, Lynn, you are making me look bad...I'm supposed to be famous for being first commenter on new posts!!!

Anyway, I'll just have to be best instead....Oh, man! Look at that, you totally beat me in the flattery department too!!

I bet you'll have a great time at your new job, Mag. And Lynnis right. You'll be perfect!

Maggy_Keet said...

Thanks! You guys are too sweet : )

Anonymous said...

Well done Mags. They selected the right girl for the job.