Monday 4 August 2008

Weekend Fun

I'll never get bored of this view!

The 14 mile race was certainly the highlight (or perhaps the lowlight!) of the weekend, but Saturday was quite fun as well. Saturday afternoon I met up with my friends Gemma and Julia for lunch in Wandsworth Town. We went to a restaurant called East Hill and not only was the food delicious, but I loved the decor. So much so I had to take some pictures...I just love that look. Sort of country farm-y.
I can't wait to buy our own house, so that we can really make it our own. Fortunately, Andy and I have similar taste. But how cute is that cabinet with the chicken wire with the old books, jugs and pots. Although I would make it useful, not just for show. And I love the mismatched chairs and prints on the booth seats and, of course, the sage green paint on the walls (an Anderson staple). I've decided to start taking pictures like this so that I have a nice catalogue stored up when we actually DO buy a house! Someday *sigh*

Saturday night we had a BBQ with our friend, Emily. She's my friend who's doing the project with me. Anyway, we picked a whole load more tomatoes...
...which Emsy lined up perfectly in size order. Cute.
And we made this...tomato, mozarello, basil and olive oil. On our wedding china...just to make it that much more special. I have so much more respect for the food I grow, I just feel like it deserves better...I'm really turning into a hippy!

Sort of a boring post, but hey - I'm just sharing...you don't have to read it, haha : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did you wait till the last sentence to tell us we didn't have to read such a boring post?!!

Haha! Just kidding! Glad you made it through your run. I like that country store look too, although I never had the urge to decorate in it for some reason... Maybe because it is kind of the look everywhere had as I was growing up! I've met my quota?! It's a good idea to keep a scrapbook of ideas. That is a great way to make sure you remember to use your favorites!

Your tomatoes and mozzarella look very nice on your wedding China. I would say you are definitely treating your produce well! Well...except the eating it part, that is.